2014 Free Fishing Days In The Magic Valley
Some people use the warm weather as an excuse to stay inside with the cold air blowing non-stop. Others use this time of year to get outside and enjoy nature...which can also be relaxing and fun. Here is a free way to get outside with your family and learn to fish and maybe catch dinner. There are also a few days coming up in specific locations that are free fishing days in the Magic Valley. The Idaho Fish and Game has a trailer that they take to certain ponds and lakes through the summer.
The trailer is full of fishing rods and reels so you can borrow their equipment to take you and your family fishing. The list of free fishing days where you will find the trailer is below and at the Fish and Game website.
2014 Magic Valley Region Fishing Trailer Schedule
All trailer events are from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. unless noted.
- June 7 Kids Pond - Fairfield
- June 14 Hagerman and Gavers Lagoon - Free Fishing Day Event
- June 18 Dog Creek
- June 21 Oster Pond 1 - Hagerman
- June 25 Dierkes Lake
- June 28 Kids Pond - Filer
- July 2 Penny Lake - Ketchum
- July 9 Dierkes Lake
- July 12 Rock Creek Park
- July 16 Gavers Lagoon - Hayspur
- July 23 Oster Pond 1 - Hagerman
- July 26 Penny Lake - Ketchum
Clubs or groups participating need to provide staff for their attendees.