Contact Us

Carbon Monoxide Culprit in Death of Entire Idaho Family

LEWISTON, Idaho (AP) — A coroner says he’s almost certain that carbon monoxide poisoning is to blame for the deaths of five people killed in a house fire in Orofino last weekend. Clearwater County Coroner Will Rambeau says smoke inhalation was a lesser factor in the deaths of two adults, three teens and two dogs in Saturday’s fire.

He expects his conclusions to be confirmed in blood tests. Rambeau says everyone died in their sleep from carbon monoxide created from a slow burning fire, then seeped into the house.

The Lewiston Tribune reports that investigators have concluded the fire was caused by an overloaded power cord on the front porch where an electric grill was plugged into an outlet. Rambeau said the house had two smoke detectors but lacked a carbon monoxide detector.

 

 

More From News Radio 1310 KLIX

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://newsradio1310.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on News Radio 1310 KLIX quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Register on News Radio 1310 KLIX quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!