Health District Taking Nominations for Health Heroes Award
TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KLIX) Know someone or a group that has made a positive impact on the health of people living in southern Idaho? The South Central Public Health District would like to honor them.
SCPHD is taking nominations for "Health Heroes 2016." The ward was created to give recognition to efforts by youth, adults, groups, and business that have helped improve the health of people living in the area. There are four categories for nomination: youth, adult, corporate, and behavioral health.
The behavior health group was added by the health district to note the importance of understanding and addressing behavior health issues in southern Idaho. Here are the guidelines for nominations:
The nomination must include a brief description explaining why the nominee deserves the Health Heroes Award. Examples of qualifying activities include, but are not limited to the following.
- promoting a healthy lifestyle through activities at schools, churches, and places of work
- activities that help reduce suicides
- promoting physical activity
- activities that reduce obesity
- preparing a community for a disaster
- decreasing workplace injuries
- promoting policies that led to healthy outcomes
Nominations are due by Monday, November 1, 2016. Health Hero award winners will be honored on November 16,