Idaho Family’s House Catches Fire Christmas Eve
KUNA, Idaho (AP) — A Christmas Eve fire has damaged the home of a Kuna family who lost a child to cancer last month. Nobody was home when a neighbor reported the fire Monday evening, though KTVB-TV reports a dog died in the fire. Firefighters contained the fire to a bedroom but there is extensive smoke damage.
It is not immediately clear what started the fire. Neighbors and firefighters say the home belongs to the family of Jayden Bennett. The 11-year-old Jayden battled cancer before dying Nov. 22. The Idaho Statesman reports firefighters know the family well and Jayden rode a fire truck during a Kuna Days parade. Firefighters are accepting donations to help the family and say they will be able to return to the home once it is cleaned up.