Idaho Man Pours Gasoline on Fire, Two Children Burned
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho (AP/KTVB) -- Two young Coeur d'Alene children are hospitalized in Seattle after suffering burns when a gas can exploded near a backyard fire pit.
Police say a 35-year-old man poured gasoline from a five-gallon can onto the fire at about 5 p.m. Saturday when the can caught fire. He threw the can behind him, where it exploded and burned an 8-year-old boy and a 4-year-old girl.
The Spokesman-Review reports the boy was hospitalized in intensive care with first-and second-degree burns on 21 percent of his body, mostly his legs and arms. The girl suffered burns in 9 percent of her body.
Sgt. Christie Wood says police have forwarded the results of their investigation to Kootenai County prosecutors to determine if charges should be filed.