No Charges After Death of Idaho Marine Caused by Carbon Monoxide
MERIDIAN, Idaho (AP) — Police in Meridian say no criminal charges will be filed in the November carbon monoxide poisoning death of an 18-year-old Marine. KTVB-TV reports a police investigation into the death of McQuen Forbush says a combination of the hot water heater, furnace placement and the location of combustion openings all contributed to a back draft of carbon monoxide.
The report, released Friday, contains letters and records of calls from other tenants of the apartment building about faulty water heaters along with a warning letter sent to tenants months before Forbush's death. It also includes a letter from the building owners that said managers could not allow a tenant to break their lease as a result of Forbush's death. Forbush's family and girlfriend have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against 16 defendants, including the owner and property manager.