Olympian Kaitlyn Farrington Returns To Idaho
Hailey, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KSVT-TV ) - Kaitlyn Farrington will be returning home this Monday afternoon from the Olympic games. Idaho’s First News is covering the arrival and will have live reports throughout the day. Below is the schedule of Kaitlyn’s activities over the next couple of days.
Monday, February 24, 2014
- 12:31 p.m.: Kaitlyn arrives at Friedman Memorial Airport in Hailey. The Wood River drum line, members of the SVSEF snowboard team and city officials will be allowed on the tarmac to greet Kaitlyn.
- 1-1:15 p.m.: Kaitlyn, Suz Locke, Gary Farrington and SVSEF coach Andy Gilbert will be driven by Sun Valley Auto Club's Dave Stone on a loop through Bellevue.
- 1:30 p.m.: Kaitlyn will board a waiting Wood River Fire and Rescue ladder truck at Roberta McKercher Park. With Chief Bart Lassman at the wheel, the fire truck along with Hailey Fire Dept. will make its way through Hailey (1:30-2:00 p.m.) and Ketchum (2-2:30 p.m.) to the Sun Valley Ski Education Foundation, located at 215 Picabo Street.
- 2:45 p.m.: Kaitlyn will address and answer questions for the assembled press and media at the Engl Training Center, located on the second floor of the Greyhawk Building at Warm Springs. Please reserve your spot with Jody.
Saturday, March 1, 2014
- 2:30 p.m.: Festivities begin at Warm Springs Lodge with live music, food and beverage specials from Sun Valley Company.
- 4 to 4:45 p.m.: Official ceremony honoring Kaitlyn on Warm Springs Deck. List of speakers being finalized.
- 4:45-5 p.m to 7 p.m.: Street party commences on Picabo Street between Jane Lane and Lloyd Court. Live music by Old Death Whisper. Food and drink specials available at Apple Bar & Grill.
By Paul Johnson
Story Created: Feb 24, 2014 at 11:37 AM MST