P&Z Commission Seeks Applicants for Two Positions
TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KLIX) – If you want a chance to better serve your community, you may want to consider throwing your name into the ring for Planning and Zoning commissioner.
The city of Twin Falls is accepting applications for two vacancies on the P&Z Commission. Applicants, who must be residents of the city, should submit their letter of interest by Tuesday, Jan. 17.
Commissioners serve three-year terms and meet three times each month. According to information from the city, main responsibilities of the commission are include:
- Review all proposed amendments to Title 10: Zoning and Subdivision Regulations, and make recommendations to the council
- Conduct a comprehensive planning process designed to prepare, implement, review and update a comprehensive plan as required by law
- Grant special use permits as specified in this title and under the conditions as herein specified with such additional safeguards as will uphold the intent of Title 10
- Hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is an error in any order, requirement, decision, interpretation or determination made by the administrator
- Authorize such variances from the terms of Title 10 as will not be contrary to the public interest where, owing to special conditions, a literal enforcement of this title will result in unnecessary hardship, and so that the spirit of this title shall be observed and substantial justice done
Interested? Send your letter of interest to email@example.com , fax it to 736-2641, or mail it to P.O. Box 1907, Twin Falls, Idaho 83303.