Rules For Use of Personal Fireworks in Twin Falls
Here are some rules and regulations regarding the use of personal fireworks in Twin Falls city limits.
Fireworks should only be used between the hours of 8 a.m. - midnight between June 23 and July 5.
Aerial fireworks are among those that are prohibited to use within the city limits, according to Twin Falls City Code. ‘Safe and Sane’ fireworks may be discharged within the Twin Falls city limits.
'Safe and Sane' could mean different things to different people. If your fireworks were not purchased at a licenced stand in city limits, they might violate city code. Things like roman candles, bottle rockets and (definitely) mortars would fall under the 'unsafe' category and would violate city code.
Here's a list of safe and sane fireworks taken directly from Twin Falls City code:
- Any fireworks such as ground spinners, fountains, sparklers, smoke devices or snakes designed to remain on or near the ground and not to travel outside a fifteen foot (15') diameter circle or emit sparks or other burning material which land outside a twenty foot (20') diameter circle or above a height of twenty feet (20'). Nonaerial common fireworks do not include firecrackers, jumping jacks, or similar products;
- Cylindrical fountains with inside tube diameter not exceeding three-fourths inch (3/4");
- Sparklers and "dipped sticks" not more than ten inches (10") in length or one-fourth inch (1/4") in diameter with pyrotechnic composition not exceeding four grams (4 g) each. Sparklers or "dipped sticks" described in this section shall be burned individually and shall not be conjoined, banded, attached or affixed to additional sparklers or "dipped sticks" while ignited;
- Snakes which do not contain bichloride of mercury;
- Whistles, without report and which do not dart or travel about the ground during discharge containing no picric or gallic acid. (Ord. 3042, 12-17-2012)
Fireworks should only be used between the hours of 8 a.m. - midnight between June 23 and July 5. Residents may also discharge legal fireworks during the same hours between December 26 through January 1.
Fines for violating city code range between $100 and $300 dollars.