Winter Weather and Wind Advisory Issued For Magic Valley
The National Weather Service in Boise has issued a Winter Weather Advisory and a Wind Advisory for the Magic Valley until 8pm Tuesday (Jan. 29th).
The National Weather Service in Boise has issued a Wind Advisory for the western Magic Valley, Southern Twin falls County which is in effect from 11 am to 8 pm Tuesday.
- Winds: West 30 to 40 mph. Gusts to 50 mph in the western Magic Valley Tuesday afternoon.
- Impacts: Travel problems on area roads. Roads will be snow-covered at first but above freezing temperatures Tuesday afternoon should ease problems.
A wind advisory means that sustained winds of at least 30 mph or gusts of at least 45 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Winter Weather Advisory
The National Weather Service in Boise has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow in the western Magic Valley, and Southern Twin Falls county which is in effect from 5 pm Monday to 11 am Tuesday.
- Snow amounts: 2 to 4 inches.
- Winds: Southwest or west 10 to 20 mph Monday night increasing to 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph Tuesday.
- Impacts: Travel Problems as snow accumulates on area roads including Interstate 84 and US Highway 93. Increasing winds Tuesday morning will cause areas of blowing snow and reduced visibility.
A winter weather advisory for snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling especially in open areas.