12 Unforeseen Downsides to Winning $656 Million in the Lottery
Getting to take home a giant check worth millions in lottery winnings might sound like a dream come true, but it can also be a nightmare. Now someone out there has won at least a share of $656 million and we don’t know who will get the dough. Perhaps there’s a good reason for that.
Here’s a look at some of the problems that go along with winning a boatload of money:
1. Brothers-in-law keep hitting you up for a loan whether they are actually your brother-in-law or not.
2. You can hardly get a good night’s sleep after stuffing $656 million under your mattress.
3. Every time GM needs a bailout, they call you in the middle of the night crying into the phone.
4. The waiter leaves a special “surprise” in your food if you don’t agree to tip at least $100,000.
5. Now you have no excuse not to mow your lawn and move the cars that are on blocks off of it.
6. You can’t play a game of Monopoly anymore without anyone asking you for a loan.
7. Having enough money to turn your bedroom into the bridge of the Starship Enterprise just confirms to women what they’ve already suspected.
8. You have no excuse not to watch CNBC.
9. Every ex-girlfriend you’ve ever had claims you are the father of their children, including the guy who you “experimented” with in college.
10. Getting that big check comes with big paper cuts.
11. Three people were killed in a vicious stampede at a party you attended after you asked if someone could get you a drink.
12. Anna Nicole Smith won’t stop hitting on you and she’s been dead for five years.