Idaho Man Dies from Electrocution While Fishing in Montana
GREAT FALLS, Mont. (AP) — Montana authorities say an Idaho man was electrocuted when his fishing rod touched a low-hanging power line.
Cascade County sheriff's officials said in a statement Thursday that 64-year-old Leonard Henry Kolbet died at top of the bank of Dry Fork Creek southeast of Great Falls on Sunday. Sheriff's Capt. Raymond Hitchcock says Kolbet and another person were camping and flyfishing in the area.
He says Kolbet was walking up the creek's bank, carrying the rod slightly above his head, when it touched the power line. Kolbet's companion reported hearing a pop and seeing sparks. She told authorities that Kolbe grabbed his right arm and then was unresponsive. Investigators say Kolbet had injuries consistent with electrocution to his right hand, wrist and both feet.