People Sickened After Scooter Driven in Boise Office Building
BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Authorities say at least 17 people became ill and nine have been taken to area hospitals after a person drove a gas-powered scooter inside a downtown office building in Boise. Firefighters responded Wednesday afternoon to the 14-story One Capital Center building after office workers complained of headaches and dizziness. Officials say two of those taken to hospitals likely suffering from low level carbon monoxide poisoning are pregnant women. Incident Commander Don Gifford of the Boise Fire Department says the scooter traveled on multiple floors while being operated by an employee in the building. He says operating a motor scooter in a building is against the fire code. Authorities haven’t released information about who drove the scooter.