Contact Us

People Sickened After Scooter Driven in Boise Office Building

Radu Razan

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Authorities say at least 17 people became ill and nine have been taken to area hospitals after a person drove a gas-powered scooter inside a downtown office building in Boise. Firefighters responded Wednesday afternoon to the 14-story One Capital Center building after office workers complained of headaches and dizziness. Officials say two of those taken to hospitals likely suffering from low level carbon monoxide poisoning are pregnant women. Incident Commander Don Gifford of the Boise Fire Department says the scooter traveled on multiple floors while being operated by an employee in the building. He says operating a motor scooter in a building is against the fire code. Authorities haven’t released information about who drove the scooter.

More From News Radio 1310 KLIX

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://newsradio1310.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on News Radio 1310 KLIX quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on News Radio 1310 KLIX quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!