Power Transformer Explodes in Jerome Neighborhood, Nearby Residents Warned To Stay Inside
Jerome, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KTWT-TV ) The Jerome Fire Department is on the scene of a power line that has fallen in a Jerome neighborhood. The first report indicated that a transformer on a pole exploded, igniting the power pole on fire. Reports from the scene say that there are lines that have fallen to the ground which have rescue personnel warning nearby residents to stay in their homes.
The pole is located in the 500 block of South Fillmore street and right now power is out for 9 customers, according to Brad Bowlin with Idaho Power. That number may increase if crews are required to disconnect more customers in order to make repairs. The fire department was notified around 8:40 am this Friday morning.
By Paul Johnson
Story Created: Feb 14, 2014 at 8:48 AM MST