Students Safe After Mercury Spill at Gooding School
Gooding, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KSVT-TV ) The all clear is being given at a local school after a mercury spill in Gooding. The incident took place inside the North Valley Academy in Gooding. The call came in to the Gooding fire department at 8:50 Wednesday morning.Once crews arrived on scene, it was determined a small amount of mercury had spilled on the floor the night before, but wasn’t reported until Wednesday morning. Brandon Covey, the Gooding Fire Chief and was also Incident Commander at the scene. The Mercury level that we found in the carpet where they had been walking was really low. Once the Haz Mat Team arrived, all the students were quarantined and inspected individually. Out of the over 200 students only 3 students were found to have minor levels of mercury on the bottom of their shoes. No injuries or illnesses were reported.