Contact Us

Fire/Water Damage Salt Lake City LDS Conference Center

(AP)  Parts of the LDS Conference Center in Salt Lake City have been damaged after a small fire triggered a deluge from a sprinkler system. Salt Lake City Fire Department officials say the sprinklers had already doused the flames when crews responded about 8:15 p.m. Monday. But the system had dumped thousands of gallons of water in the first few rows of the 21,000-seat auditorium. No injuries were reported. Officials haven’t yet released a damage estimate. Fire spokesman Jasen Asay tells The Salt Lake Tribune the fire started in a mechanical room near batteries that back up the center’s electrical system. The auditorium houses the twice-yearly conferences of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as well as other events throughout the year.

More From News Radio 1310 KLIX

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://newsradio1310.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on News Radio 1310 KLIX quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Register on News Radio 1310 KLIX quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!