Magic Valley Summer Camps
If your kids aren't out of school yet, they will be soon. Like most mothers, I am excited to spend time with my kids this summer but, I am also worried they will get bored! Summer camps are a must for my kids.
Luckily for me, and other parents, Twin Falls offers a wide variety of summer camps. Here is a complete list:
The Boys and Girls Club - The Boys and Girls Club offers mini camps and all day camps. They also offer a wide verity of camps. You can register your kids from everything from science, soccer, art, etc. They even have a cupcake war camp. More information about The Boys and Girls Club.
CSI and The Herrett Centers Summer Camps - CSI has amazing camps for children. Most camps are for ages 5 and up, or for ages 9 and up. Each camp last 1 to 2 weeks long. CSI offers: dance, cheer, basketball, science, cooking, nursing, lego camps and more. Get a full list of CSI's summer camps.
4-H Summer Camps - 4-H day camps and overnight camps provide fun, hands-on, experience-based learning. In certain states, non-4-H members can attend 4-H camp – please contact a local 4-H office to learn more. Although each 4-H camp is unique, many offer similar activities and resources including:
- Climbing Walls
- Dining Halls
- Hiking Trails
- Outdoor Education
- Nature Study
- Recreation Halls
- School Enrichment
- Waterfront (depending on location)
First Baptist Church - The church offers a vacation bible school. Register here.
Amazing Grace Youth Summer Camps - This camp is held on June 14th thru the 18th at Camp Perkins in Stanley Idaho. Each camp is $200. You can register online or at Amazing Grace Fellowship.
Twin Falls Reformed Church - Nothing But Net Basketball Camps will be held at The Twin Falls Reformed Church. Camps will be held at 9:00am - 1:00pm daily. Cost is $60--If you register by June 8th, they'll take $10 off your bill--and includes instruction, lunch and beverages, T-Shirt, prizes, team picture and more!
- Camp #1: Girls 6th-8th Grades - June 15-18 - This camp will teach and develop guard and post play in the areas of shooting, passing, ball handling, position specific offense/defense and rebounding strategy. These skills will be taught through the use of small group stations and applied in 3–on–3 and full court game situations.
- Camp #2: Boys 6th-8th Grades - June 22-25 - This camp will teach and develop guard and post play in the areas of shooting, passing, ball handling, position specific offense/defense and rebounding strategy. These skills will be taught through the use of small group stations and applied in 3–on–3 and full court game situations.
- Camp #3: Boys & Girls 3rd-5th Grades - June 29-July 2 - This camp is a basic fundamental camp that will introduce and develop beginning and intermediate strategies and skills for individual and team play. Stations will include rebounding, shooting, passing, ball handling, and defense. Players will also apply and practice what they have learned in game situations.
HSB CAMPS Twin Falls Morning Clinic will be an opportunity for our youngest group of athletes to enhance their skills, training one-on-one with our world-class staff of collegiate and professional players and coaches. Offering boys and girls (K-3rd) a comprehensive curriculum of skill development and game situational instruction (8:1 player to coach ratio), this session will be jam packed with fundamental group drills, station work, organized team competitions, and various competitive games.
- Day Camp Dates: June 18-20, 2015, 9am-3:00pm | Grades: 4th-12th. Location: Canyon Ridge High School, 300 N College Road West, Twin Falls, ID 83301. Price: $175 | Registration information
YMCA Summer Day Camp Registration Starts June 8th from 7am to 6pm. 5 to 12 years. New lower prices! Y member’s: $69/wk. Community $89/wk. Low counselor to camper ratios. Lots of activities and fun for each camper. Register today!
British Soccer Camps - July 27th - July 31 Half Day and Full Day Camps are available.
Sunway Soccer Complex, in Twin Falls. British Soccer Camps provide players of all ages and abilities with the rare opportunity to receive high-level soccer coaching from a team of international experts. Each day includes individual foot skills, technical drills, tactical practices, small-sided games, coached scrimmages, and a daily tournament. Equally important, the Challenger coaching staff provides your child with lessons in respect, responsibility, integrity, sportsmanship and leadership.
Pure Energy Gymnastics – Cheerleading, Day Camp, Gymnastics, Mommy and Me, Preschooler, Summer Camp, and Toddler available. Activity Age Range: 1 year, 3 months and up. 141 S Lincoln Ave in Jerome | (208) 324-0000
Sawtooth United Methodist Camp - Kids Activities OfferedArt, Biking, Fishing, Hiking, Nature and Animals, Overnight Camp, Summer Camp, Swimming, and more! Activity Age Range5 years and up! (503) 226-7931 | Fairfield, ID.
Did we miss any? If you know of any more kids summer camps in the Magic Valley, let us know in the comments below and we'll add them to our list.