Things We Said During The Pandemic That Wouldn’t Make Sense Before
2020 was a whirlwind of weirdness. When the pandemic really kicked in, life became like a reality show. We were expected to expect the unexpected so nothing surprised us anymore. I was recently thinking about the beginning of the pandemic and how life changed in those first months and then how different it is now, 3 years later.
Do You Remember How Weird The Pandemic Was
In just the first six months of 2020, these are a few of the odd things that happened:
- UFO's were confirmed real by the US government.
- Murder Hornets are a thing but just didn't live up to their name.
- A pandemic shut down the world.
- Australia was on fire...but then it wasn't because we all got distracted by something else.
- You were expected to wear a mask when you go to a bank.
- Drive-by birthday parties were a thing.
- Some people want to defund the police and riots destroyed some communities.
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer became a type of currency when stores began running out.
That was just the first few months of the pandemic. Some might say we are still in a pandemic and that the threat isn't over. We could also still see the rise of Cthulhu or the Apocalypse. Fingers crossed that neither of those happens.
With all the weird stuff that happened, there were a lot of phrases we started using that would not make any sense to someone in 2019. Even from month to month we had new craziness to talk about. That uncertainty was the focus of some great videos online, like the one below where a person gets to talk to their past self and update them on the future.
What are a few things you remember saying during the pandemic, or still say today, that wouldn't make any sense to someone in 2019? Leave a comment below to let us know.