10 Things To Do With Tomatos
If your garden did well this year, you probably feel like you have made everything you can think of with tomatoes. Here are 10 more health ways to enjoy your tomatoes:
- Simply Roasted Tomato Sauce from foodiecrush.com. This is a great way to save your delicious garden tomatoes all year long!
- Tomato Basil Soup. This recipe is perfect to pair with grilled cheese sandwiches. Freeze the leftover soup for a quick fall or winter meal.The recipe comes from cookingclassy.com.
- Italian Chicken Bake. This recipe is so easy and really yummy! It's posted at the pinningmama.com.
- Tomato Zucchini Casserole. This recipe is from allrecepie.com and is a great way to use your garden tomatoes and garden zucchinis. It makes a great side dish that your entire family will enjoy!
- Salsa. Everyone varies their salsa recipe a little but most salsa includes: tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro, spices, onion, garlice, lemon and lime. Some people add peppercinis, habaneros, bell peppers, etc.
- Roasted Tomatoes from rasamalaysia.com. If your kids don't like tomatoes make them try these!
- Creamy Tomato and Spinach Pasta. This recipe, from budgetbytes.com, calls for a 15oz can of tomato but I always use fresh tomato.
- Chicken Tortilla Soup. Next to salsa, this is my favorite thing to do with tomatoes. I always alter my tortilla soup recipe but there is a recipes posted on myrecipes.com, that is really yummy!
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with fresh tomato. When tomatoes are in season, my family and I eat grilled cheese sandwiches with fresh tomato once a week. It's fast, simple and easy. You'll need: sourdough bread, butter, cheese and fresh tomatoes.
- Stuffed Tomatoes. Mine never look like the pictures online but they always taste good. Raisingwhasians.com, has a great recipe. It's something different to do with your last tomatoes.