Child Who Died from Wrong Medication at St. Luke’s Identified
BOISE, Idaho (AP) — An attorney for a southern Idaho family says the child who died after getting the wrong medication at a hospital last week was 7-month-old August Dean Elliott.
Jarom Whitehead says Elliott passed away early Wednesday morning at St. Luke's Magic Valley Medical Center. Hospital officials then announced the death on Friday.
Information about what medication was given to the child has not been released. However, Whitehead says that the hospital is working with the family in its investigation. Once finished, the hospital's investigation is expected to be turned over to the state later this week.
Hospital spokeswoman Michelle Bartlome added that the Twin Falls County Prosecutor's office is also investigating the death. Law enforcement agencies were being briefed about the case on Monday.