TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KLIX) Hunters that want to bag large game this year can now put in for the draw on moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goats. The Idaho Department of Fish and Game says applications will be accepted through April 30 for the controlled hunts. Hunters have several ways of getting their name into the draw: at any Fish and Game office, licensed vendor, and by phone (800-554-8685) or website.

Make sure you:

  • Have a valid 2017 Idaho Hunting License
  • Pay a fee for moose, goat and sheep: $173 for residents, $2,116.50 for nonresidents. Fees are refunded to those who don't get a draw.


Rules for the big game hunts can be found at this LINK. Results should be available by early June.

Getty Images
Getty Images


More From News Radio 1310 KLIX