Tips for Meeting New Family or Friends This Holiday Season
The holidays can be so much fun celebrating the season with loved ones and even meeting new family members as new spouses or others could join you to celebrate. Or even more nerve-wracking meeting your spouses parents for the first time. There is no reason to be nervous as everyone is just trying to enjoy time together, although there are some things you can do to make the holiday gathering as smooth as possible.
You don't have to be a comedian or be fake to make a good impression, Yahoo Finance recently released an article with a few great tips on meeting new family or friends this holiday season which include:
- Don't come empty handed - Bring flowers, wine, or a side dish.
- Dress to impress - While sweat pants might be what you want after the meal. Dress nice as everyone is sitting down for dinner.
- Come prepared - Know a few things to chat about before arriving (such as a favorite sports team of most people in attendance).
- Control the amount of PDA - No one wants to see you making out before they eat too much mashed potatoes and gravy.
- Avoid drinking too much - Sure, have a beer. But remember this isn't a frat party, no one will be impressed if you drink 18 beers.
- Don't bring up controversial topics - Don't be the person who brings up politics. No need to start a fight during the holidays.
Any other tips you would have for someone meeting new friends or family for the first time this upcoming holiday season?