Time is Running Out to Vote For the Magic Valley Teacher of the Year!
With almost 2,300 votes so far, the action has been brisk but we're in the home stretch. Time is running out to vote for the Magic Valley Teacher of the Year!
At last check Jerome High School's Scott Burton had taken the lead, but Wendell Middle School's Travis Robison and Filer Intermediate's Kent Snow were hot on his heels.
Voting deadline is May 28th, 2013 at midnight.
The winning teacher will receive the title "2013 Magic Valley Teacher of the Year," an Apple iPad Mini to use in the classroom or to rock a serious game of 'Angry Birds,' and we will make a $500 donation to the school or institution the teacher represents.
Here are your Top 10 Magic Valley Teachers of the Year:
- Carrie Ploss | Twin Falls High School - "Mrs. Ploss is a magnificent teacher. She connects with her students on a personal level and learning in her class is not a chore, it just happens. She truly cares about the well being of her students and has gone well out of her way to make sure they succeed and have every opportunity to do their best."
- Michelle Fogelsong | Buhl Middle School - "She is simply amazing."
- Jayme McDonald | North Valley Academy - "She deserves it for all the work she's done for our school and her students."
- Scott Burton | Jerome High School - "Mr. Burton has changed my life and the lives of hundreds of students. He's devoted 16 years specifically to the Jerome Advanced Speech team, and because of his guidance we have won state 13 out of the 16 years he's coached. He's a constant giver and without his passion for speech and his care for his students the most successful speech team in Idaho wouldn't exist."
- Daniel Billington | Castleford High School - "Mr. Billington is probably the most encouraging teacher at Castleford High School. Mr. Billington is the ag teacher/ FFA Advisor at Castleford High School. Mr. Billington spends countless hours encouraging the students of Castleford High School. Mr. Billington is the funnest teacher to be around. Billington has coached many winning FFA teams at the district and state levels."
- Michelle Meyerhoeffer | Immanuel Lutheran - "My son is a student in Mrs Meyerhoeffers class. She is an amazing teacher. She combines a love and respect for the kids with a firm authority that all the kids love! She has pushed my son to do his best and makes him excited to go to school everyday. She encourages all the children and they all thrive in her classroom. She goes the extra mile to make each child feel special including going to their birthday parties on weekends. She is what all teachers should be and deserves to win."
- Travis Robison | Wendell Middle School - "He goes above and beyond to help all of his students. He is an amazing coach & such a good role model."
- Ted Hadley | Canyon Ridge High School - "He is an awesome music teacher who truly loves his job and teaching the children different instruments and music theory. He teaches many of the children from 6th-12th grades. He is wonderful!"
- Kent Snow | Filer Intermediate School - "Mr. Snow is always so encouraging to students. He has taught two of my children which have two different learning styles. He has done amazing with both. He accommodates to each child's individual learning style. Never a negative thing is said to students. He challenges them to do there best and be 'good citizens'."
- Marvin Scow | Minico High School - "Facilitates learning in a respectful and professional manner. Students are treated as adults and allowed freedom to be themselves. Marvin holds students accountable for their work and they respond to that. Exemplary educator."
It's up to you to name the 2013 Magic Valley Teacher of the Year! Voting is open now through May 28th, 2013. You must be a member of our VIP Club to vote. Remember to come back and vote again! You can vote every day.
Good luck to all the teachers! The Magic Valley Teacher of the Year will be named on May 29th, 2013.