How To Properly Dispose of Used Fireworks
Here are five, simple things you can do with your fireworks to reduce the chance of something catching fire after you dispose of your fireworks.
One of the single best pieces of advice comes from the Twin Falls Fire Department.
- Fill a small tub or metal bucket with water and put all spent fireworks into it. Let them soak for at least a couple of hours before throwing them away.
Some other helpful tips:
- Remove wicks from unused or misfired fireworks before soaking in water.
- Don't put fireworks in recycle bins.
- Fireproof containers are recommended for disposal but at the very least, double bag them.
- Never dispose of fireworks in a bonfire. There may be unspent explosive material in the firework. It seems like a no brainer but people have done it.
If you have any questions, contact the fire department.